Creative Mercury Bay, known as CMB, is a Whitianga based charitable arts trust formed in 2012 to meet the growing need for arts events, workshops and infrastructure in the Mercury Bay area.
Mercury Bay - a whole community celebrating and fostering creativity
To develop and nurture enjoyment, participation and education in the arts, and to contribute towards building a sustainable arts infrastructure in our communityWe do this by
- facilitating and encouraging active participation and education in the arts
- facilitating quality local and visiting performances and exhibitions
- collaborating with other local community artists, local and regional arts organisations and local government to further develop arts resources and venues in the community
- contributing to the effective communication, cooperation and collaboration between Mercury Bay arts organisations and Peninsula wide arts organisations
- contributing to the establishment of a district arts strategy for the Coromandel Peninsula
The Trust currently consists of four trustees, seven sub-committee members, three professional advisors and our five patrons. All volunteer their time and skills to Creative Mercury Bay.